Map & Directions
Take I-95 south. You can enter the River of Lakes Heritage Corridor from a few directions:
• Most northern point at Seville: Exit I-95 at Hwy 100 West. Take this to CR 305, which leads to Seville. At US 17 you head south on the corridor.
• SR 40 & US 17 or CR 11: Take I-95 south to the SR 40 West Exit and follow it until you get CR 11 or US 17.
• Enter at DeLand: Take I-95 south to International Speedway Drive (92) in Daytona and take 92 West until you get to US 17.
From Ocala, take SR 40 east through the Ocala National Forest along the Florida Black Bear Scenic Byway until you intersect with US 17. At US 17, you are on the River of Lakes Heritage Corridor. You can either head north on US 17 to the Volusia County line. You could also take US 17 south along the corridor. In addition you can continue on SR 40 past US 17 to SR 11 which is another leg of the corridor.
Take I-4 East through Orlando and continue on to Sanford. Take the 17-92 Exit just before crossing the St. Johns River Bridge. At the light, you will be turning on the River of Lakes Heritage Corridor. You can turn left to go to Sanford or you can turn right to head to Debary and DeLand.
Take I-4 east toward Sanford. Take the 17-92 exit just before crossing the St. Johns River Bridge. At the light, you will be turning on the River of Lakes Heritage Corridor. You can turn left to go to Sanford or you can turn right to head to Debary and DeLand.
From Melbourne & points on the southeast coast
Take I-95 north past Titusville until you reach Oak Hill, and get to Osteen-Mayown Rd. Here you intersect the easternmost leg of the River of Lakes Heritage Corridor. You can turn right and see the loop of the corridor adjacent to the Halifax River. And then take Osteen-Maytown west straight into Osteen at SR 415.
You can turn south and take the corridor portion that goes through Sanford around the south side of Lake Monroe or you can turn south and immediately turn right onto Enterprise-Osteen Rd and take the portion of the corridor that runs along the north side of Lake Monroe.
You can enter the corridor two ways.
• Head south on I-75 to Ocala and take US 40 east. Then follow the directions above “From Ocala”
• Enter from Palatka. Take either SR SR 20 east from Gainesville to Palatka. In Palatka continue east across the St. Johns River to Hwy 100 south to US 17. Continue on US 17 to Seville at which point you are on the River of Lakes Heritage Corridor. Continue south on US 17.
Distances from Major Cities
We measured all distances to DeLand or Sanford – the largest cities at the heart of the byway. If visiting internationally, we recommend Sanford-Orlando International Airport in Sanford as the closest airport to the byway. Many people in Orlando use this airport instead of OIA, depending on where they are traveling.